Only 2 Months To Go! Get Your Early Bird Tickets to the 4th Annual GrowRIVERSIDE Conference Now
I wanted to remind you that the second “GrowRIVERSIDE Community Gathering” is coming up next Thursday, May 7 at Dale’s Senior Center in White Park from 6:00pm – 8:30pm.
Sponsor Woodfire Cafe (a local Riverside food business), which serves up the best Neapolitan-style pizza in the Inland Empire, will be providing pizza for attendees to sample and discussing their desire to source more local ingredients from surrounding farmers.
The event will feature a panel discussion with local Riverside food business owners and presentations by Angela Janus, Founder of ShareKitchen, on how the company’s incubator program works to help value-added local food businesses grow and thrive in Riverside, and Nick Melquiades of the Riverside Food Co-op, who will discuss how the group works with the community and provides new market access for local farmers.
There will also be an open forum discussion in which attending community members will have the floor to discuss any local food initiatives that they are working on and how others in the community can get involved.
- Angela Janus – Angela is the Executive Director and Founder of ShareKitchen, a Non-Profit Kitchen Incubator program located in the Coachella Valley cities of Cathedral City and Coachella. ShareKitchen provides business development and support services to culinary entrepreneurs including access to a fully licensed and insured shared commercial kitchen.
- Jesse Casillas – Jesse is the owner and founder of Woodfire Cafe, which offers the finest quality Neapolitan style pizzas in the Inland Empire.
- Laurie Goalen-Anderson – Laurie is the Founder of Etta Mae Gourmet, a home-based business (officially known as a “cottage food operation”) located in Downtown Riverside, California. She specializes in making homemade jams & preserves using seasonal, locally grown fruits. Laurie has produced several “award-winning” jams and preserves several of which placed at the 2014 California State Fair, including a 1st place for Tropical Citrus Jam.
- Nick Melquiades – Nick is a member of the Riverside Food Co-op’s CORE (Community of Outstanding and Resourceful Entrepreneurs) Team. Formed in 2012, the Riverside Food Co-op (RFC) has eventual plans to open a store. The RFC has been incorporated for the past year, and although it does not yet operate a store, it currently offers Crop Boxes to members.
- Curtis Cruz – Curtis is founder of My Goodness, a local cottage food organization in the City of Riverside dedicated to producing high quality artisan breads.